Below you can find some frequently asked questions about Linkdienst
https://l.stefankuehnel.com, the official link shortener by Stefan Kühnel.
How does link shortening work?¶
Short links consist of the main address
l.stefankuehnel.com and a unique alphanumeric identifier. So instead of the descriptive link github.com/stefankuehnel, as it is visible in the address bar of the browser, the short address l.stefankuehnel.com/github can be used.
Why do you use Linkdienst?¶
- With shortened links, long URLs can be shared on different platforms while still maintaining the maximum number of characters for a message.
- Linkdienst collects information such as how often a link was clicked. This is an important signal to determine how relevant and interesting the corresponding content is.
- Linkdienst protects users from harmful websites that spread malware, from phishing attacks and from other harmful activities, because links under
l.stefankuehnel.comcan only be created by me.
URL safety tips¶
- Some URLs can be harmful. Please be careful when clicking links, especially ones that were shortened using an external link shortening service.
- Always check to see what website you're on before giving out your password or downloading any software.
- To check whether a page is actually operated by me, you can use the following security tool.